PaletteWB is a software for generating, converting, and manipulating color palettes (computer graphics) as used by different graphic applications (see “Convert and Export”). It is a graphical MS Windows application.
PaletteWB comes with 185 free palettes (see “Documentation”). To supply use cases, PaletteWB includes different methods for generating both, palettes as well as images to apply the palettes to (see “Generate”). It supplies methods to evaluate the application of palettes to images (see “Colorize”). Besides, it is as well a tool for editing and manipulating color palettes (see “Manipulate”). Palettes may be saved in different formats and exported as images (see “Convert and Export”).
PaletteWB costs 14.99 US$ (see “Purchase Full Version”). A free yet reduced in functionality test version is available (see “Download Test Version”). The current version is the version 1.4.0 (see ChangeLog).
We are very interested in feedback. Please let us know by mailing to email@example.com or using the contact form.
Convert your palettes between:
- GIMP palette (*.gpl)
- Adobe Photoshop palette (*.aco)
- Fractint palette (*.map)
- Microsoft palette (*.pal)
- A hexadecimal color list (*.hextxt)
Export your palettes as:
- A gif image (*.gif)
- CSS color list (*.css)
- HTML (as a table) (*.html)
Colorize your images
- Apply palettes to indexed images
- Convert RGB-images to indexed images
- Convert RGB-images to greyscale images
Generate palettes and images
- Cosinus-based palette generation
- Generate Julia fractals
- Generate Mandelbrot fractals
Apply filters and resorting methods
- Saturation / Contrast
- Hue / Saturation / Value
- Invert or shift the order of entries
- Export color cycling animations
The full version of PaletteWB costs 7.99 US$.
You can obtain a licenced copy of PaletteWB via PayPal. A window will open within which you can process your payment and download a
licenced version afterwards. The current release (1.4.0) contains the full-featured, unlimited executable. We give a strong advice to save the file to a known folder.
Es erfolgt kein Ausweis der Umsatzsteuer aufgrund der Anwendung der Kleinunternehmerregelung gem. § 19 UStG.
What Will You Get?
PaletteWB distribution includes:
- PaletteWB: a MS Windows application for importing, exporting, manipulating, and testing color palettes;
- PaletteConverter: a command line utility for converting palettes;
- The complete user documentation (see “Documentation”);
- 185 free palettes to use for your purpose, see also Free Color Palettes.
The trial version (v1.4.0) for Windows may be used for evaluation only and is reduced in functionality as listed in the following:
- Batch processing is disabled. As soon as you try to convert palettes in batch, you'll be prompted that this version is not capable to do this.
- Generated images may be only up to 640×400 pixels in size.
- .gif-Animations are limited to a size of 320×200 pixels.
- It is not allowed to use it for commercial purposes.
Download PaletteWB Test Version 1.4.0 (zipped archive)
Download PaletteWB Test Version 1.4.0 (Microsoft installer)
The following documentation on PaletteWB is available:
The following documentation on PaletteConverter is available:
You may find some further pages and articles regarding color palettes in my blog:
- A new name — the tool is now called PaletteWB, not PaletteTool.
- Instant feedback when applying or modifying colors.
- New palette filters: brghtness / contras and hue / saturation value.
- Improved GLSL-based fractal computation.
- Methods for resorting the palette.
In the following, you may find some information regarding the legal issues of these pages:
- The software is provided “AS IS”. It did not hurt us, yet, and even worked as expected and there are even tests which prove it. Though we cannot guarantee it will work as you expect.
- We collect only the first two bytes of the IP-adress. This means that we only know which country you live in. That's fair for the European privacy rules. For me as well.
1815 visitors so far.
- Everything was done by me, besides the included palettes, see Free Color Palettes. There are no links to external pages.
- Responsible for this page is: Daniel Krajzewicz, Jochen-Nüßler-Straße 5, 12359 Berlin, USt-IdNr.: DE281155133.
- Copyright (c) 2009–2021, Daniel Krajzewicz. Last modified on: June 07 2021 22:45:52.
We are interested in feedback. Please let us know by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or using the contact form below.